After nursing 5 babies for a collective total of just over 8 years I have now come to the end. The end of infants, the end of midnight feedings, the end of being the total source of food for my babies, the end of precious, quiet moments. Moments that are so special where mama and baby bond. Moments where I as the mama can provide something for my children that no one else can. Moments I cherished and moments I looked forward to during each pregnancy. Moments that will never again be. As I look back on it, I do remember times when I found it to be convenient but there did come a time with each child where I knew the time had come to stop nursing. I prepared for it. I planned the when and how to of it. I had time to adjust to the idea...until this time...I knew we were getting close to the time to stop. I was ready....I was beginning to formulate a plan. However I did not have the plan in place yet. I had thought I would nurse a little while longer. I was having surgery and knew that it would be to hard to deal with the all night fight of going to sleep and staying to sleep without nursing. The day of surgery came and I found it easier to sleep in the recliner. I was tired, groggy and on pain meds and my hubby decided to put Bessie to bed. To my shock she went right to bed for him. WHAT!? No nursing, no crying to nurse, no nothing. She never goes to bed that easy for me. Night two comes and he decides to try again and again she goes right to bed for daddy. We had a little resistance this time but not enough for me to go and "rescue" my little princess. So after seeing her make it for 2 days, I decided to just be done. Now she fought a little when I went back to putting her to bed and we still have to work hard to get her to settle down at night but it has been over two weeks. So there you go. Her daddy got to formulate the plan. I will miss this era of my life but my little Bessie Rose is doing fine and I am too. sniff sniff
Awww! Hugs to you, my friend! The end is hard, especially when we don't plan it, but I'm so glad you are doing well.
ReplyDelete