Monday, April 23, 2012

Bessie and her Grammy

My mom has been real heavy on my mind for about the last week. Today  I looked at my children and remembered all the good times they had with my mom. I remembered her giving the kids cow bites. I remembered her looking at the night sky with the older kids. I remembered her going camping with us. I remember her rock hunting with the kids at the lake. I remember her painting with the older kids, sewing with Lauren. I remember all the wiener roasts, the smores, and the backyard fires. I also remember her holding Bessie, tickling her feet, playing with her. The older kids all have these wonderful memories of their grammy. I have all these wonderful memories of her. Not Bessie...Bessie is so missing out on such a wonderful grammy. She will never remember her grammy and how much she loved her. Even though she does look at her picture and say grammy, I know she does not really know who grammy is. It is very sad for me to think that she will never have those good times with her grammy. One thing she will know is how much her grammy loved her. I will make sure she knows because I will never forget. Not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment