Friday, April 27, 2012

The lasts

Matthew competed in his last boat race through cub scouts. He was very sentimental about it and very sad about it. He had us take lots of pics so he could keep reminders of it. In the fall he will begin his last year of cub scouts. He told me he does not want to move up. He wants to stay a cub for longer.
I totally understand. He is my last cub scout. I would totally like to freeze time.
 
There are so many lasts in this life..the last baby, my last year to homeschool Jon, his last year of highschool, the last year before the kids get into double digits, and so on.
Also the lasts that you don't know are gonna be your last. The last Christmas or mothers day with your mom or gandma, the last time you will see someone, the last time your child will come to you with a booboo or the last time they will snuggle on your lap. Those things sneak up on you. Suddenly you realize that your child does not sit on your lap anymore. I totally understand Matthews feelings. Lasts are hard. Lasts are bitter sweet. Life is full of lasts. I too wish I could slow down time, somehow be warned of all the lasts so I can take a minute stop everything and really savor the lasts.
By the way. He won his boat race. The icing on the cake for him to make it really unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment