Thursday, May 31, 2012

Well, my oldest graduated this month and started a full time job for the summer. His first full time job. I can hardly believe he is old enough to work 40 hrs per week like a grown man would work. He is capable. His dad has always modeled a good work ethic for him. I am blown away at how quickly he has reached this point in life. He was my first baby. The one that taught me about a love that is so fierce that it is hard to explain. The one that made me want to have a whole house full of children. The one that I call the experiment child. I have learned a lot from him through the years. We have gone through all the phases of childhood with this boy and have come out on the other side. The side where he is considered to be an adult. The day that I did not want to come to fast but it did anyway. Guess what? I enjoy this stage too. I like the person he is becoming. I enjoy his company and like talking to him. Oh, I miss the little boy that he was but am really liking the man he is becoming. I am proud of him. I pray that he will always walk with the Lord. I pray that when he goes off to college in the fall  he will find a church to call his own and will continue to grow his faith.I love this boy/man. I look forward to seeing what he becomes. The Lord has great plans for him I am sure.

2 comments:

  1. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    Jeremiah 29:10-12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember when you plant a seed sometimes it takes a while to bloom. It has a hard time pushing through the dirt and rocks. It needs to do a little testing of the soil. But because the planting was good and was watered the way it should be, you will end up with a flower. Sometimes our flowers grow alittle wild but we sprinkle them, don't drown them, sprinkle them with water and plant food. At first they don't understand why we want to help and will resist but in the end they become beautiful flowers that will grow and bring new blooms into our lifes.

    ReplyDelete